The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for creating layout, design, assembly, and fabrication drawings for turnkey automation systems, End-of-Arm Tooling (EOAT) and other custom equipment per customer specifications. They are to design, review, and modify drawings from project commencement through project completion. They are also responsible for project management of projects assignments.|
Principal Job Responsibilities
- Confirm system and design feasibility/capability by analyzing customer requirements and project specifications.
- Create 2D/3D design, assembly, and fabrication drawings per customer specifications.
- Create project bill of materials and coordinate parts ordering with the Purchasing Department and third party vendors. Maintain communications with Purchasing and vendors to ensure parts are received within budget and on schedule. Assist the Shipping/Receiving Department as needed when parts are received.
- Prepare project manuals upon completion of the project, including spare and wear parts lists.
- Manage assigned projects which includes communication with customers, vendors, and employees. Run reports checking varying status of aspects of the project. Complete tasks within budget and on schedule. Provide continuous improvement on cost reduction for mechanical designs.
- Conduct Risk Assessments to ensure the systems are safe. Apply principles of mechanics to conduct wrist inertia & momentum studies, robot reach, and EOAT gripping force.
- Communicate project status with customers and in doing so there may be 10%-15% travel and overnight stay requirements for customer meetings, site visits, etc.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure organizational success and customer satisfaction.
B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
Qualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of mechanical engineering experience. Automation Industry experience is a plus.
- 2+ years of Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience utilizing the following software programs:
- 3D CAD, Autodesk Inventor is a plus
- Microsoft Office
- Mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of and experience working in a manufacturing environment with technical knowledge of operations and manufacturing flow.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize assignments.