The Bilingual Project Manager is responsible for managing assigned Special Teams projects as well as interpretation and translation of English/Japanese documents and verbal communications. The Bilingual Project Manager is also responsible for additional administrative tasks.|
Principal Job Responsibilities
- Translate customer, job-related, and internal/parent company documents and communications to and from English and Japanese. This includes but is not limited to email, forms, procedures, policies, drawings, quotes, and other miscellaneous documents.
- Interpret customer, vendor, and internal communications, at YAC and offsite, during meetings and discussions ensuring accuracy in data and interpretation.
- Accompany expatriate staff as needed to provide interpretation services for communications with housing managers, bankers, doctors, repairmen, etc.
- Assist the Operations Manager on project schedules, operations work flow, procedures, process improvements, etc.
- Help maintain Microsoft Project files and coordinate with Project Managers to help mediate / communicate project updates and issues.
- Manage the weekly production meeting.
- Create, modify, and implement internal processes, procedures, templates, and forms. Identify and improve internal inefficiencies. Train other employees on internal processes, procedures, forms, etc.
- Fulfill role of Project Manager on the Special Projects Team. These duties include managing the project schedule, responding to issues/delays, and coordinating/communicating project status and/or issues with the customer and the Special Projects Team.
- Provide backup for a wide variety of technical and office administrative duties as needed. These duties include schedule coordination, booking travel, greeting guests, maintaining office equipment, ordering business cards, etc.
- Perform Executive Assistant support to expatriate Management.
- Travel to customer sites as well as trade show events as required.
- Assist other departments as necessary.
- Other duties as necessary to ensure organizational success and customer satisfaction.
Qualifications and Experience
- Prefer 3-5 years English/Japanese interpretation and translation experience.
- Demonstrate experience with the following equipment/software:
- Computer, copier, fax, multi-line phone system, postage meter
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Problem solving—can identify, gather, analyze, and resolve problems in a timely/skillful manner while paying close attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills—can maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas, and exhibit willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—must be fluent in English and Japanese. Can speak clearly, persuasively, and professionally in positive or negative situations, demonstrate presentation skills, and can conduct meetings.
- Written Communication—must be fluent in English and Kanji. Can edit work for spelling and grammar, present numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—can prioritize and plan work activities while staying organized, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.